Ear Plugs

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Body Modification and other Body Art topics.

What are those big hole earrings called?

Ear Plugs

Round ear plugs, sometimes made of rubber, plastic, jewels, are used for stretching out the holes in earlobes. It starts with a large gauge piercing, then a gradual process of stretching the earlobe, using bigger plugs every two months or so. Once the size is where the individual wants, jewelry is used.



2/18/2008 3:06:23 PM
Anonymous said:

first of...never use rubber or plastic in the ears....secondly....you dont need to start with large guages...you can start with a regular ear piercing....and you dont want to just use larger plugs all the time...use a taper to gradually(and safely) stretch the "healed" piercing...another alternative to this would be to use weights, in wich case you want to add weight to your ears, start off with a little, and gradually increase......but no matter how your going to "guage" your ears, make sure you educate yourself before starting....


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Body Art Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Heidi Splete